Automated Vehicle Identification (AVI) System Temporary Placard Sale Guidelines
Who is authorized to purchase Temporary AVI Placards
Any company with a current approved/valid AVI Operating Permit.
Certain companies or organizations, who do not have an AVI Permit, but meet the following criteria.
- Are not otherwise required to participate in the Airport’s AVI program.
- Are providing not-for-hire transportation for a specific event.
- Must provide vehicle registration, rental or lease agreement with company or event name on it. A rental agreement listing the name of the driver only will not be accepted.
- Steve Harvey Hoodie Awards show rents 5 full size vans to shuttle arriving talent and show production staff from Airport to hotel.
- Electric Daisy Carnival aka Insomniac Productions rents 30 vans and SUV’s to shuttle arriving talent and show production staff to hotel and events.
- East Coast Pipe Fitters Association rents 3 vans to shuttle arriving convention delegates to and from hotel.
Who is not allowed to purchase temporary AVI Placards?
- Ground transportation or courtesy shuttle operators who would otherwise be eligible and required to participate in the AVI Program. Note: These companies should be given an Infrequent User Activity Invoice $50 per vehicle per trip and encouraged to participate in the AVI Program.
- Destination Management Companies.
What does it cost to purchase a Temporary AVI Placard?
There are 4 categories for AVI Placards based on the seating capacity of the vehicle:
- Category 1 $2.40/trip, seats 1-8 passengers including driver
- Category 2 $4.80/trip, seats 9-15 passengers including driver
- Category 3 $7.20/trip, seats 16-30 passengers including driver
- Category 4 $24.00/trip, seats 31 or more passengers including driver
Temporary Placards may not exceed fourteen (14) days.
How do I calculate the number of “Trips” to purchase?
- AVI Placard sales are based on the honor system.
- “Trips” must be purchased for any trip at level zero (T-1 & T-3)
- There is no charge to drop off passengers at Departure Curb (T-1 & T-3)
- Refunds will not be given for any unused “Trip”
How do I make arrangements to request approval and purchase AVI Trip Placards?
Contact the following staff at Parking Office, (e-mail is preferred)
- Nica Ramirez email@example.com phone (702) 261-5186
- Robyn Isaguirre firstname.lastname@example.org phone (702) 261-4122
- John Shumway email@example.com phone (702) 261-5707
Once approved, via e-mail or phone, and all of the required documentation is provided, the AVI Placards can be purchased and picked up at the Terminal 1 Parking Office located at the exit gates of the T-1 Parking Garage.
Once I have my AVI Placards what areas am I allowed to use?
- T-3 Limo/Bus Staging Area (see map)
- T-1 and T-3 Courtesy Vehicle Stalls. (see map)
- Driver is allowed to leave vehicle unattended, however the engine must be shut-off.